Sunday, November 8, 2009

Funnel Cake

A few weeks ago, Kimber and I were visiting Pioche for Lincoln County High School's 100 year anniversary. There was a booth at the football game that was selling funnel cake. There was a long line and we decided that we didn't want to wait in line to get any.

I searched around for a recipe and this is what I found. I'm never going to pay for funnel cake again. This recipe is very simple and delicious.

1 1/2 cups of milk
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar
vegetable oil
funnel

1. Heat the oil in a pot. You want about 1 1/2 of oil in the pot.
2. While the oil is heating up, mix the eggs and milk a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the egg and milk mixture. Mix until smooth.
3. While covering the opening of a funnel with your finger, pour a cup of the mixture into the funnel. Uncover the opening of the funnel, and pour the batter into the oil by making swirling motions.
4. Let the funnel cake fry until it is golden brown. Turn the funnel cake over and let it fry until it is golden brown on the other side.
5. Place the funnel cake onto paper towels and remove the excess oil. Sprinkle with powered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I need this. Well, actually it is the last thing I need. So, I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to have this tonight.

    ReplyDelete